As a parent with a young family you may feel overwhelmed at times or just in need of the opportunity to talk through some of the many parenting challenges. Or you might feel stressed by your desire to get it right – the expectations and pressure can be enormous – so talking it through can be beneficial.
Babies and young children are always developing, growing and changing and, as a parent, you are always learning and adapting to these changes. Getting reassurance, talking it through and developing coping strategies for the changes in life with children can make a huge difference to your confidence and your ability to manage the challenges.
Parents book 1:1 sessions with me for lots of different reasons…
- new babies & new parents – practical support and adjustment to life with a new baby
- thinking about having another baby
- preparing for another baby
- bedtime & sleep for babies and young children
- going back to work after maternity leave
- loss of identity as a mum
- being a parent & dealing with different parenting challenges
- meeting the needs of more than one child
- feeling overwhelmed as a parent
- spending time together as a couple
- changing relationships with friends and family
- managing stress & anxiety as a parent
The aim of these 1:1 sessions is to provide you with the time to offload, to talk through the challenges, to gain support and reassurance while also building a toolkit of coping strategies that work for you and your family.
I am able to provide daytime, evening & weekend sessions to work around your schedule. Consultations can take place at my venue in North Shields or it may be possible to come to your home. I also provide phone and video sessions if you live further away.
£60: 2 hour session
£45: follow-on 90minute sessions
Accompanied by session notes
With Janine Smith
A specialist in pregnancy & birth, early parenting and parent wellbeing
I have worked with parents since 2002 and, as a practitioner with professional training and experience, I am trusted to provide a balance of reliable knowledge, non-judgemental support and much needed reassurance.
My approach is not to tell you what to do – it is to listen, to provide you with the opportunity to ask questions, it is about providing ideas and information, helping you to formulate plans and to find what works for you and for your family.
The focus is on your wellbeing in pregnancy, for birth, as a parent and as you, the person behind the parent and I have created informal but effective small group and 1:1 sessions to benefit you.
Just get in touch to find out more…