RELAX & BREATHE WORKSHOP
simple | straight-forward | effective
with an experienced birth practitioner
This is a specialist session to focus on developing relaxation and breathing skills, combined with positions for labour & birth.
The aim of this workshop is to introduce/refresh your knowledge and to practice relaxation and breathing techniques to enable you to stay calm and comfortable, to manage any panic and to work with your contractions.
Based on first-hand experience, up-to-date research and proven relaxation & breathing skills – this session has been designed to prepare you well for the reality of labour & birth.
By knowing how to use your breathing you can head off any panic, work with your contractions and stay calm if you are induced, use an epidural or have a caesarean. It also enables you to have more control if your birth plan changes and you need to gather information and quickly adapt to a new birth plan.
Relax & Breathe will provide you with…
- the opportunity to practice and develop effective breathing techniques to work for you
- discussion about where the panic points in labour & birth can be and how you can manage these
- more knowledge about using positions and movement for your labour and birth
- comfortable positions and movement for pregnancy
- an effective session, run by an experienced birth practitioner
- ongoing information and support as you need it
- the chance for your birth partner to learn more about supporting you during labour & birth
The benefits of relax & breathe include being able to…
- Breathe through your contractions to stay calm and focused
- Handle stress, anxiety or panic
- Make decisions in labour if you need to
- Stay calm during an induction or a caesarean
- Adjust to changes to your birth-plan
- Keep going if labour becomes tough
- Be able to relax and rest in-between contractions
- Feel better prepared for labour and birth
- use positions, movement and your breathing to be more comfortable in pregnancy
Relax & Breathe is not about easy births, it is about equipping you with the best skills possible to stay calm, to have more control and to manage the challenges.
Booking onto this session also includes:
- The Labour & Birth Handbooks
- 10% discount on a baby massage course
- Relaxation music and ongoing email support after the session
I developed Relax & Breathe in 2009 and I have held sessions with expectant parents almost monthly since then. I love this session because I know how vital breathing skills can be to clear my head, to stay focused, to manage pain, to boost energy and to help with any anxiety or panic
£35 | Thursdays 7-8.30pm | North Shields
This workshop is designed to run with between 1-3 couples
1:1 sessions are also available
You can pay here (with booking fee) or you can message me for online banking details
Relax & Breathe for Birth
A workshop to develop effective relaxation & breathing skills for birth
Just let me know which workshop you would like to attend..
February 28 | April 18 | June 20 | July 25 | September 19 | November 28
With Janine Smith
I am a specialist in pregnancy, birth and early parenting – I have worked with expectant parents since 2002 and I have taught antenatal classes almost weekly since 2005. Due to being NCT-trained and my knowledge, training and experience, I am able to provide information, support and reassurance for all expectant parents.
My sessions are friendly and informal – not like a classroom – with small groups and 1:1 sessions so you can ask questions and gather all the information you need.
In addition to general birth preparation, I specialise in being parent-focused so I can provide support for specific issues such as birth anxiety, giving birth again, being induced, planned caesareans and homebirths. I am a mum of three and I have also worked as a birth doula, so I have attended a number of births.