RELAX & BREATHE COURSE
practical information | effective skills | with an experienced birth practitioner
With small groups, this is an effective way to gain essential relaxation and breathing skills to enable you to stay calm, to work with your body and to access ongoing support.
I developed Relax & Breathe in 2009 and I have held sessions with expectant parents almost monthly since then. I love these sessions because I know how vital breathing skills can be for positive focus, to manage pain, to boost energy and to help with any anxiety or panic.
This is a specialist course to focus on using and developing relaxation and breathing skills, combined with positions for labour & birth to enable you to stay as calm and as comfortable as possible.
By knowing how to use your breathing you can head off any panic, work with your contractions and stay calm if you are induced, use an epidural or have a caesarean. It also enables you to have more control if your birth plan changes and you need to gather information and quickly adapt to a new birth plan.
These sessions will provide you with…
- the opportunity to practice and develop effective breathing techniques to work for you
- discussion about where the panic points in labour & birth can be and how you can manage these
- more knowledge about using positions and movement for your labour and birth
- a small group of expectant parents, run by an experienced birth practitioner
- ongoing information and support as you need it
- three sessions and your birth partner is welcome to attend the final session to learn more about supporting you during labour & birth
This course is based on first-hand experience, up-to-date research and proven relaxation & breathing skills – it has been designed to prepare you well for the intensity of labour & birth.
The benefits of relax & breathe include being able to…
- Breathe through your contractions to stay calm and focused
- Manage any stress, anxiety or panic
- Make decisions in labour
- Have more energy during labour & birth
- Stay calm during an induction or a caesarean
- Adjust to any changes to your birth-plan
- Keep going if labour becomes tough
- Rest in-between contractions
- Feel better equipped for labour and birth
Relax & Breathe is not about easy births, it is about equipping you with the best skills possible to stay calm, to have more control and to manage the challenges.
Booking onto this course also includes:
- The Labour & Birth Handbooks
- 10% discount on a baby massage course
- Relaxation music and ongoing email support after the session
3 sessions | Mondays | 7-8.30pm | £60 | North Shields
This course is designed to run with up to 4 women
1:1 sessions are also available
You can pay here (with booking fee) or you can message me for online banking details.
Relax & Breathe Course
April 29, May 13 & 20
July 15, 22 & 29
October 7, 14 & 21
December 2, 9 & 16
With Janine Smith
I am a specialist in pregnancy, birth and early parenting – I have worked with expectant parents since 2002 and I have taught antenatal classes almost weekly since 2005. Due to being NCT-trained and my knowledge, training and experience, I am able to provide information, support and reassurance for all expectant parents.
My sessions are friendly and informal – not like a classroom – with small groups and 1:1 sessions so you can ask questions and gather all the information you need.
In addition to general birth preparation, I specialise in being parent-focused so I can provide support for specific issues such as birth anxiety, giving birth again, being induced, planned caesareans and homebirths. I am a mum of three and I have also worked as a birth doula, so I have attended a number of births.