This is a thorough antenatal course to prepare you well for your birth and for your new baby.
Based on first-hand experience, up-to-date information & research and proven practical skills, this course has been designed to prepare you for the reality of labour and birth and to encourage you to be at the centre of your care.
This course is ideal if you are expecting your first baby and it also works well as a refresher if you are getting ready
to birth again.
In five sessions you will gain knowledge about…
- EARLY LABOUR – what to expect, knowing your options, managing your contractions and managing your energy when you are at home
- ESTABLISHED LABOUR & GIVING BIRTH – what to expect, managing your contractions, managing your energy, pain relief, knowing your options
- WHAT CAN HELP & WHAT CAN HINDER – the essentials that can make a big difference in labour
- GOOD BIRTH SUPPORT – so birth partners know how to help and how to be your advocate
- EFFECTIVE POSITIONS FOR LABOUR & BIRTH – to move, to rest, to use gravity to help your contractions and to be more comfortable
- USING YOUR BREATHING – to stay calm and to encourage effective and manageable contractions
- INDUCTION, EPIDURAL & CAESAREANS – these can all be a necessary part of labour and birth so it helps to be better prepared, to know what to expect and to know more about your options
- USING PAIN RELIEF EFFECTIVELY – knowing more about your options and how to use the different pain relief methods well
- PANIC POINTS – where these are more likely to happen and how to manage them
- MEETING YOUR BABY & YOUR RECOVERY – so you know more about what your options, what to expect and effective coping strategies
- EARLY DAYS & WEEKS WITH YOUR BABY – preparing your home for your new baby, what to expect, feeding, sleep, how to soothe and settle, what your baby may need and what you may need so you can look after your baby and so you can look after you as new parents
The aim of my antenatal course is to provide you with good knowledge, practical information & techniques, along with discussion and a chance to ask questions.
These sessions are accompanied by a toolkit of resources to use and read at home during and after the course.
A professional, welcoming and personalised course…
I teach small groups of parents – my courses run with between 2-4 couples – so each session is informal, enabling you to focus on the information and providing you with the space to chat, ask questions and gather information while feeling comfortable and relaxed. This way, you can focus on your needs so you can think about your options and what might be helpful for you.
This antenatal course is attended by expectant parents from across Tyneside, Newcastle & Northumberland
5 sessions | Monday or Wednesday sessions | 7-9pm | £140 |
on Newcastle Street, North Shields
You can pay here or you can message me for online banking details.
5 sessions to get you better prepared for labour & birth
All I need you to do is let me know which course you would like to attend..
August 28, 29, September 2, 9 & 16 – FOR PARENTS DUE IN OCTOBER
WEDNESDAYS: September 4, 11, 18, 25 & October 2 – FOR PARENTS DUE IN OCTOBER OR NOVEMBER
MONDAYS: October 7, 14, 21, November 4 & 11 – FOR PARENTS DUE IN DECEMBER
WEDNESDAYS: November 6, 13, 20, 27 & December 4 – FOR PARENTS DUE IN DECEMBER OR JANUARY
MONDAYS: November 18, 25, December 2, 9 & 16 – FOR PARENTS DUE IN JANUARY
With Janine Smith
A specialist in pregnancy & birth, early parenting and parent wellbeing
I have worked with parents since 2002 and, as a practitioner with professional training and experience, I am trusted to provide a balance of reliable knowledge, non-judgemental support and much needed reassurance.
My approach is not about telling you what to do – it is to listen, to provide you with the opportunity to ask questions, it is about providing ideas and information, helping you to formulate plans and to find what works for you and for your family.
The focus is on your wellbeing in pregnancy, for birth, as a parent and as you, the person behind the parent and I have created informal but effective small group and 1:1 sessions to benefit you.
If you have any queries, please don’t hesitate to send me a message.