I truly love running antenatal classes, it is a privilege to work with expectant parents at this life-changing time and my role is to provide the information, support and reassurance that different parents need. I love birth, I love the uniqueness and unpredictability of birth and I love the strength and pure awesomeness of women and what we do to grow and birth our baby. I don’t believe that one type of birth is better than another although I would prefer it if births didn’t involve any distress for women, their partners and babies – but this is an issue I talk about and attempt to prepare you for.
Birth, Baby & Family Antenatal Classes
I have about 16 years experience of teaching antenatal classes, I have professional qualifications and I have attended births as a doula but what’s in it for you…
1. You will benefit from a range of practical, realistic information for labour, birth, staying calm, for movement and resting, for contractions and for managing your energy.
2. I provide a professional service and I am an experienced practitioner who knows birth and who knows how to support women and their birth partners. I am also qualified to teach expectant parents.
3. You will be able to focus on your own preparation for birth and to ask all the questions you need. Everyone has their own expectations of birth and their own plans for how to manage contractions and to birth their baby and my sessions are designed to provide personalised information.
4. I specialise in running small groups and 1:1 sessions which are warm, friendly and welcoming and where you can feel comfortable to gain knowledge, to chat and to share any fears or worries about giving birth.
5. My session focus on the reality of birth rather than just focusing on natural birth – contractions, induction, pain relief, caesareans. For me, birth preparation is also about thinking about the unpredictability of it all and thinking about how to stay calm, decision making, having some control and, sometimes, just rolling with it.
6. You will have the time and space to think about labour and birth – what you might need, to have an idea of what to expect, to know what can help you and how your partner can help.
7. Birth partners are able to focus on their role and to be able to ask questions and gather information so they can provide more effective support.
8. You can learn and practice simple, effective and proven breathing and relaxation techniques to help keep you calm, to manage pain and to have more control.
9. You will receive The Practical Guides to Labour & Birth as well as ongoing support if you need more information and reassurance for birth or with your new baby.
10. And if this isn’t your first baby, you can focus again on birth and maybe to debrief your first birth as well.
I provide a range of antenatal classes to meet the different needs of parents – an antenatal course, relax & breathe and 1:1 birth consultations. If you have any queries about my antenatal classes and which option is best for you, please don’t hesitate to send me a message…